Friday, March 28, 2008

Bella on the Move

Sign at Virginia Gateway Shopping Center, Gainesville, VA

Further to Bella's Back, I espied the above while stopping for lunch along the road between Dulles and Charlottesville on Tues. Like mushrooms after a soaking rain, enormous new shopping centers have sprouted up. Now there are entire "villages" of chain stores and motels where fields and woods had been just 2-1/2 years ago. (Though I have to admit that our lunch at Panera Bread was tasty, well-priced and relaxing. And the iced tea was excellent.)

At the Special CO-VA Literary Ladies Luncheon today, the LL to my left happily told me that she had named her new dog Bella. I told her that, to my knowledge, that makes her dog Bella #5 amongst the canine population in Cville.

1 comment:

Doreen Orion said...

Bella #5? You must be SO proud.

Someone who saw my author photo today (it's me and my standard poodle) commented, "What is it they say about dogs and their owners?" I think she thought I would be insulted, but I wasn't. He's quite the looker.