With her permission I'm posting it here. From what I've seen lately, this should be EVERY author's to-do list.
- Do a major remodel of my website.
- When I go to NY, include my agent in the meetings with the publicity people and my editor.
- Have a marketing plan on paper that I’ve sent to everyone ahead of time.
- Come bearing gifts for everyone in the publishing house—cookies or something on the theme of the book, or something from my hometown.
- Come with the attitude, “What can I do to make your job easier? How can we work together?”
- Send the folks in my publishing house holiday cards thanking them.
- Get my illustrator’s snail mail and email addresses.