Saturday, August 02, 2008

En Vacances

Max & Jenny guard my office.

Time for me to pack, then I'm outta here for Lawn Guyland tomorrow. And not a minute too soon: today and yesterday my backyard thermometer read 100F. Montauk forecast: 80. I pray to dog the heatwave breaks by the time I return to Denver.

In the meantime, here are links to some interesting items:
  • Nice Jewish Boys Gone Wild - Podcast of a panel I moderated at the Virginia Festival of the Book in March, with Marc Estrin (The Lamentations of Julius Marantz), AJ Jacobs (The Year of Living Biblically), Peter Charles Melman (Landsman) and Adam Mansbach (The End of the Jews).
  • How to Write a Great Mystery - On NPR, fave author Louis Bayard (The Black Tower, The Pale Blue Eye and Mr. Timothy) and Tana French (In the Woods and The Likeness) on creating the perfect whodunit.
  • My Life in Sales - Ann Patchett on how the only thing worse than going on book tour is not going.
  • Caregiver RANT - Here's where exhausted or frustrated caregivers can sound off anonymously.

No comments: