Monday, May 07, 2007

But You Don't Have to Take My Word for It

Two days after the DC workshop last month, attendee Debbie Weil, author of The Corporate Blogging Book, wrote Run, don't walk to Bella Stander's Book Promotion 101.

Below is an email I got just yesterday from workshop alum Cynthia Shapiro, author of CORPORATE CONFIDENTIAL: 50 Secrets Your Company Doesn't Want You to Know -- And What to Do About Them. (The main title was suggested at the workshop by guest publicist Kim Dower, of Kim-from-L.A. Literary & Media Services.) This made my week!
I want to thank you again for all your great information, and your wonderful seminar. I remember, not so long ago, when I learned that my publisher wasn't going to do anything to promote my book, my baby. I was feeling heartbroken and completely lost as to where to begin learning how to do all this myself. Book Promotion 101 was a complete eye-opener and absolutely started me off in the perfect direction. When I left your seminar, I had a concrete plan that I'm still using today with great success. And the resources you introduced me to were phenomenal.

My TV experience last year on CNN snowballed into more and more TV, radio, and even a double feature in the Wall Street Journal. I’ve been on Fox News, ABC, PBS, MSNBC, featured in Fortune, Glamour, Self, Marie Claire, Details, Essence, Real Simple, and in over 40 major newspapers across the U.S. and around the world. AND the book finally broke through in a big way, shooting up to the top of the International Bestseller list! Can you believe it? It’s like a dream come true (well, a dream and a lot of hard work). It's been at the top of the list now for 9 weeks straight and is still going!

Oh, and my second book is due out in January '08! This one my publisher WILL actually be promoting thanks to all this publicity success.

No comments: