Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's All About Logistics

GalleyCat has a post with a marvelous double entendre in the title: Blown Book Deal Hard to Swallow. It's about how writer Eric Schaeffer supposedly lost out on a contract for his book, I Can't Believe I'm Still Single. Once I read GC's post and the linked post in Gawker, I, for one, found it quite easy to believe Schaeffer is still single.

Gawker quotes a Nerve interview, in which Schaeffer says:
"I ended a book deal from a major publisher in New York because the woman who runs the publishing company, when my dick was in her mouth, had her checkbook out and said, "I will buy your book now."
Schaeffer's equipment must be button-sized if someone can enunciate clearly around it--AND handle a checkbook while doing so. (Kudos to the publishing exec for her multi-tasking ability.)

Call me crazy, but I'll bet Schaeffer stays unmarried a while longer.

No comments: