Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hollywood Jokes for Tuesday

I just flew in from the Coast, and are my wings ever tired! [Ba-dum-BUM!]

But seriously, I heard some good movie trade jokes from my friend (and gracious hostess) Beverly Gray, author of ROGER CORMAN: Blood-Sucking Vampires, Flesh-Eating Cockroaches, and Driller Killers. She got the first two from veteran cinematographer Phil Schwartz.

Q: How do you know who your friends are in the movie industry?

A: They're the ones who stab you in the chest.
# # #

Q: How many producers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: I don't know...What do YOU think?
# # #

This is supposedly true:

A writer gives his screenplay to a friend, who works for a movie production company. Weeks go by, with no response. Finally, the writer can't stand it any longer. He screws up his courage and calls his friend.

Writer: "What did you think of my script?"

Friend: I don't know. I'm the only one who's read it."
# # #

No comments: