Friday, October 05, 2007

"This Is the Interview from Hell!"

That's what Chris Matthews said to Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show" Tuesday night. Stewart spoke to him--make that attacked him--about his new book, LIFE'S A CAMPAIGN: What Politics Has Taught Me About Friendship, Rivalry, Reputation, and Success.

The description of the video clip states: "Jon Stewart gives Chris Matthews the worst interview of his life." He sure did. At the end of it, Matthews made a somewhat fake move to smack Stewart (his friend!) upside the head. See for yourself!

Edit: Per Yeas & Nays on Examiner.com--
On a side note: Matthews was overheard discussing his Tuesday appearance on "The Daily Show," which featured a heated exchange with host Jon Stewart. According to one source, Matthews was steadfast in his belief that the debate left Stewart crestfallen, and Matthews victorious.

3 comments:

Gina Black said...

I never watch TV, but somehow I caught that anyway. My thought (when it was over): bet that sells a lot of books.

Eric Riback said...

I think it will make people who might be interested look at the book, but if it were me, I'd leaf through it to decide who was right before buying.

Matthews' reaction is all...campaigning. It was a rough interview.

Carleen Brice said...

Ouch! No way that was fun. He handled it much better than I would have.