Thursday, October 11, 2007

What's the Big Idea? I Thought I Was Perfect Already!

Well, maybe a little rough around the edges--and with bright purple bruises on my face--but after months of intensive therapy I've been feeling pretty good about myself.

And now here comes Ann Coulter on CNBC's "The Big Idea" on Monday, saying, "Jews need to be perfected."

Prodded by host Donny Deutsch, she explained:
...but that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews. We believe the Old Testament. As you know from the Old Testament, God was constantly getting fed up with humans for not being able to, you know, live up to all the laws. What Christians believe -- this is just a statement of what the New Testament is -- is that that's why Christ came and died for our sins. Christians believe the Old Testament. You don't believe our testament.
Oh, and she totally doesn't see how her statements could be construed as anti-Semitic. And mixed-race couples in NY have a chip on their shoulder: "They're just waiting for somebody to say something, as if anybody would."

Obviously she hasn't gone for dessert in Little Italy with a black-white couple; it can get ugly out there.


Read all about it here.

7 comments:

Eileen said...

I believe it is possible that the sole reason Ann C exists is to serve as a motivator for me to grind several levels of enemel off my teeth.

Lisa said...

Oy indeed.

Anonymous said...

You mean Ugh. I am so tired of this woman. She gives Christians everywhere a bad name. Will someone please stop giving her microphones.

David said...

Perfected Jews would be like Ann Coulter?

Wait, something's wrong with that line of reasoning.

Bella Stander said...

There is, especially if it means I'd wind up with an Adam's apple, like she has. The Boy Wonder is always pointing hers out with a shudder.

Dr. H said...

If she said that in Britain she would never work again. In the past a few social commentators have let out minor faux pas.The result being they slid off the schedules only to pop up again 6 months later writing for the Clevedon Gazette!

Arnt I lucky that Ive never heard of this woman?

Bella Stander said...

One more reason to visit family across the Pond! (Lorraine's my 3rd--or so--cousin.)