Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Insert Nose Joke Here

At 8:00 a.m. I'm off for another drive-by surgery to repair equestrian damage. This time I'm getting my nose and right sinus chopped and channeled. Actually, there won't be much chopping (I hope!), just tapping out a dent on the side of the bridge, straightening out the S-curve in my septum and reaming out my right sinus. OK, that's probably a lot of chopping, but I won't be there to see it.

I'm expecting to be in a world of pain afterward. (EEK! We're out of tequila, aka "Aztec anesthetic." Must send Darling Husband out to buy more--maybe while I'm knocked out?) But I am hoping that soon my nose won't hurt anymore (it's been sore for more than a year) and I'll breathe more easily.

Meanwhile...
Cut off your nose to spite your face.
Getting your nose out of joint.
Poking your nose where it doesn't belong.
Keep your nose clean.
Nosing around.
Plain as the nose on your face.
Sir Nose D’Voidoffunk (see P-Funk Mythology)

2 comments:

Eric Riback said...

The nose knows!

Obie Joe Media said...

Sending you get well wishes for speedy recovery!