Friday, June 13, 2008

Down for the Count


I'm off to have my 7th--and I hope last--surgery since being tossed by Gomez the thoroughbred two years ago. I'm praying that the 3rd time is the charm for my arm. This time the surgeon is removing the 6" steel plate that was installed in August '06 and doing carpal tunnel release on my wrist. Objective: Less pain in arm, more feeling in fingers.

Instead of finishing my coverage of BEA and writing a newsletter, I spent yesterday in the garden, weeding, planting and transplanting like a fiend. Now the yard looks great (mostly; there are still plenty of weeds) and I am aching in every single joint.

Off to get sliced, diced and sedated--fortunately not in that order. Can't wait for that morphine drip! (Actually, I can.)

Au reservoir!

5 comments:

Sustenance Scout said...

Bella, thinking of you today! Best wishes for all good things, K.

Gina Black said...

Wishing you the best, Bella, and that this one does the trick!

Christine Fletcher said...

I'm keeping you in my thoughts today. Here's to a successful surgery, a speedy recovery, and a handy-dandy arm!

Doreen Orion said...

Wishing you good luck and good drugs!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Good luck, Bella.

K