Friday, June 20, 2008

R&R with Max




























Since I came home from the hospital last Saturday, Max has spent most of each day sleeping on my bed--whether I'm there or not. After lunch I found him luxuriating (above). When I settled in with the laptop, he woke up long enough to give himself a few dabs (below), then moved to his favorite cyber spot (bottom).

This morning, a neighbor who's a massage therapist told me that scientific studies have shown that a purring cat helps bones regenerate. In which case those 11 holes in my humerus should fill in pronto. (Note the vastly reduced bandaging, again due to bathroom triage. The tape on my right hand really is "suntan" color--my suntan, anyway.)


Now I'm going back to HOLLY WOULD DREAM by Book Promotion 101 workshop alum Karen Quinn, just visible at upper left.

2 comments:

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

Kitties really do seem to know when their humans need help healing. Mine have always snuggled up to me when I was ill or sad, and I do believe that has always sped my recovery. You're lucky to have Max!

Sustenance Scout said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery, Bella! K.